What is AirPrint
AirPrint is a wireless technology that allows you to print from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or other iOS device. This technology makes it simple to print your email, photos, web pages, and documents without installing drivers and software. AirPrint-enabled applications can print to an AirPrint-enabled printer without a need to to install a driver or configure the printer queue. Tap print, select the AirPrint-enabled printer, and print. That’s it!
How to Print using AirPrint
A few things to ensure:
- Verify that you have the latest version of iOS and the app you are printing from is the latest version.
- Verify that the AirPrint-enabled printer has the latest firmware version installed.
- Certain printer features or functions may not be available when using AirPrint (for example, selecting different paper trays, red-eye reduction, booklet printing, and so on).
- Please read the printer documentation or contact the printer vendor for details on how to connect the AirPrint-enabled printer to the network.
- AirPrint-enabled printers connected using Bluetooth or shared through a USB port of a Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule are not supported.
Print using AirPrint
You can print from the Apple applications iBooks, Mail, Photos, and Safari. App store apps also offer this feature for Android.
To print, follow these steps:
- Tap the action icon .
- Tap the Print button.
- Configure the printer options and then tap Print.
Note: If you are printing for the first time, or if the previously selected printer is not available, you will need to select the printer before step 3.
How to View the Print Queue
You can check the Print Queue by double-tapping the Home button to show the recently used apps. Then tap the Print Center.
Note: The Print Center is only available while printing is in progress.
Source: Survival Guide